Okay…previous article was about top 14 bird photographers in the world, their achievements, and their goals.
It was not really an easy to task to get time from 20 busiest photographers. I am happy that I got at least 14 responses. I must say it was an exceptionally satisfying experience.
For me, the year 2015 had lots of ups and downs. It was kind of a roller coaster ride I must say. Few things worked out really well but few bombed 🙂 However, I would say it was a great year.
Some of my achievements are:
- 2 of my bird photographs made it to the final round of 2015 Windland Smith Rice International Awards. I feel proud considering it was my first attempt.
- 2 of my bird photographs made it to the final round of Nature’s Best Photography Asia Awards 2015.
- My first bird photography masterclass in Ranganathittu Bird Sanctuary was a huge hit. It was an amazing experience. Check out my workshop schedule here.
- Deccan Chronicle, a leading national newspaper, published an excellent article about me. It was a thrilling experience in fact.
- My article about bird photography got published in Smart Photography – India’s number 1 imaging magazine.
- Published my much-awaited eBook Bird Photography Simplified – A Virtual Masterclass. It was a huge success. I thank you all for that! Check out my goals in 2016 to learn about a BIG SURPRISE!
- Produced a Coffee Table Book for a leading Automotive Company in a phenomenal time frame.
I think it’s enough now 🙂 In fact, that’s all I have. Here are some of my favorite photographs from the year 2015.
Goals for 2016
There are more than 100 goals…just kidding 🙂
I don’t want to bore you with the details. But, let me share some of the important goals I have.
Before that, here’s a BIG SURPRISE for you this year!
I have been working on an abridged version of the Bird Photography Simplified – A Virtual Masterclass eBook for quite some time. The idea was to make an affordable version so that it reaches far and wide. It will be released shortly.
Don’t forget to subscribe to my blog if you haven’t already. Every blog subscriber gets my free eBook Bird Photography – 10 Mistakes & Solutions.
Okay. Now let’s get to the goals. Here you go…
- Visit as many new birding hotspots as possible. Will be visiting Jamnagar, Gujarat in a few weeks. Have to visit many other places.
- Working on a mega project which is super confidential. Did I say super confidential? So…I can’t disclose it 🙂
- Working on a proposal for a project in a Bird Sanctuary. It’s been on the cards for over a year, haven’t been able to get the right contacts. Hopefully, will be able to kick off the project this year.
- Conduct more bird photography masterclasses and help more bird photography enthusiasts to change their viewpoint and become a better photographer.
- Write a series of short, sweet, and affordable eBooks on basic DSLR concepts. Because, I think there is a huge gap in understanding. It’s extremely simple, but then not many photographers seem to think so. So, my job is to…SIMPLIFY.
If you like my work, spread the love.
What about you? I asked you to share your goals and achievements in my last article about Top 14 Bird Photographers, but only a few of you did. Why not share it now?
THINK PHOTOGRAPHY. THINK SIMPLE.